Category : crash course
Networking advice to maximize at our events!
Questions to Ask
- What is the name of your brand? What are the topics you cover on your blog/podcast/youtube channel? What are your social media handles?
- How big is your audience or database?
- What is the most important thing that you have learned while working in this industry?
- Do you think that we would be a good match to cross promote and collaborate? — Do you have any ideas of what we could do?
- What days best work for you to work on projects together?
- Do you attend many events relevant to this industry? — Would you mind sharing details of the next event you attend?
- What is the most helpful resource that you use to promote your brand?
- Would you be interested in running a contest to gain exposure?
- Have you had any brand deals so far? — What brands have you collaborated with? — Do you think it would be ok to connect with with your brand?
- Do you have any advice that you think would be helpful?
- What is your biggest struggle?
- Do you have any influencers in your network that you could connect me with?
- Would you be willing to invest in collaborative marketing?
- Do you have any connections with any media outlets?
- Would you want to work on a joint sponsorship proposal?
- Do you have an email database? Do you send out newsletters?
- Would you be interested in hosting an event for exposure?
- Are you able to recommend any professional photographers, video editors, audio engineers, etc?
- Do you have a media kit? Sponsorship proposal? Press release? or any marketing strategies that you can share?
- If not, would you like to work on them together?
- Would you have time to be contacted to exchange ideas, brain storm, and give constructive criticism?
- Have you ever worked with a PR company? If so, do you have any recommendations?
- Do you have any recommendations for equipment?
- What is the subject your most popular blog post, youtube video, or podcast? What was your reach?
- Would you like to connect later to take photos for Instagram?
- Come Prepared – Have your notes, questions, and ideas ready!
- Dress to Impress – First impressions are everything! Wear something that shows your personality.
- Proper Hygiene – Please be sure you have fresh breath! No one wants to engage with someone that has a smelly odor.
- Smile and Compliment! – Friendliness goes a long way.
- HAVE YOUR BUSINESS CARDS HANDY!
- Know all of your stats for you blog, youtube, or podcast.
- Set goals! Know exactly what you want to get from this event.
- Ask for feedback – It’s great to have an outside opinion for ideas, branding, etc
- Practice your Introduction – Let go some of that anxiety by knowing exactly what you will say when you meet someone
- Have Fun!